Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting a Timeout when trying to access Simple Web Repository "/www"

markus_taxacher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am sitting in front of a EP6 and when I am trying to add a new Data Source to my (TREX-)Index, the system gets me a timeout after about 70 seconds

What I've done exactly: Add new Data Source -> Click on folder "www" -> wait -> Timeout].

There are 64 Web addresses, I can see the folder contents when I open the "www"-Folder via WebDAV.

About one hour ago the cache settings for "ca_websimple" were default... means:

Cache Size (Max Cache Size) = 1 MB

Cache Capacity (Capacity) = 200

(this is the default setting for 1-5 web addresses - cf http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ba/fa7d404d84cf62e10000000a155106/frameset.htm)

I've now changed this settings to 25 MB and Capacity of 5000, but still the same.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

BR,

Markus Taxacher

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

markus_taxacher
Explorer
0 Kudos

I just found the reason why I am getting the timeout, and it is a little bit annoying...

The timeout was gone after detecting a web address which was no longer reachable. It seems that the KM Folder-View tries to connect to the addresses when browsing to "www"; it couldn't because the server wasn't there anymore => timeout.

markus_taxacher
Explorer
0 Kudos

There is no problem with the index I think, because it also happens when I'm trying to create a new index with "Simple Web Repository" data sources from www.

We have some crawler errors on one index (URL too long etc.) but this won't be the problem here...

markus_taxacher
Explorer
0 Kudos

No, no... when I try to add a new Data Source to my Search Index, i muss select the data source via the KM Browser. Browsing to the www-Directory using the KM-Browser causes the Timeout (Reason: Unknown, give me the reason and we have the solution - I think)

Browsing to this directory using the WebDAV functionality everything works (slowly, but works).

Maybe 64 addresses are too much web addresses....?

(But it worked before - not my portal installation, I'm just a holiday replacement)

former_member189326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm trying to think what else it could be in that case - is your URL Generator set up with the correct server hostname? Does indexing other sources in KM work okay?

former_member189326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Markus - you can see the folder contents, but can you get the actual web content? Can you drill down into these folders and retrieve the remote content? It sounds like maybe a proxy setting has not been made correctly. The page you link to in your message will tell you how to make this setting.