cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am an APO rookie, please help me clear doubts about two questions?

Q1:what is the difference between the Queue Manager and Delta Report to track the data transfer?

Q2: what is the difference of PPM and Production Version?

Thanks,

Karl Hunt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q1:what is the difference between the Queue Manager and Delta Report to track the data transfer?

<b>Queue Manager is used to monitor CIF data transder where as Delta Report shows the diffrence of the diffrent type of Orders, Stock data in APO Vs R/3 system</b>

<b>PPM is APO terminology which is equivalent of R/3's Production version.</b>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Anjali and Somnath, it cleared my doubt.

Karl

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

I concur with Anjali's reply but chip in with my 2 cents.

Queue Manager is to check inbound and outbound queues to SAP systems. It is used to monitor any queues be it for initial transfer, change transfer, master or transaction data. On the other hand Delta Report allows you to compare and then trigger reconciliation of transaction data between APO and R/3 only. Delta Report is not applicable for Master Data.

PPM contains BOM and Routing/Recipe information of R/3. Each Production Version maps to a Routing and BOM combination along with Lot Size and Date validity. Hence Production Version corresponds better to PPM in APO. You can have additional BOMs and Routing sbut if they are not used in Production Version they are not available in APO for Planning as PPMs.

Hope this helps.

Somnath