cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need some help in developing FTPS interface on PI. Here are my questions. Your help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

1) we have test FTP server. Can I test FTPS connection with that FTP site or do I need to install any special FTP server software for FTPS connection?

2) I understand all cryptographic libraries and java toolkit are installed by defalut with PI7.0, don't need to install any other software for FTPS testing. Am I right/

3) Any screen shots or step by step instructions available for this scenario?

thanks a lot..Usha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

You can deply the FTP connection test tool from SAP to test you FTP connectivity.

i..e., see the note

#1085539 XI JDBC/FTP connection Test and XML Validation Application

Regards

Zhenyu

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no you dnt need anything extra for testing the FTPS when PI7.0 is installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Khan,

thanks for the reply. Can you help me in building the scenario? Any instructions or screen shots will be helpful.

thanks..Usha

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pls explain the interface, will try to provide the more info f i can....

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is a POC for FTPS.

We can consider this as simple file to file at one end (receiver channel) as FTPS connection. I am planning on using userid authentication instead of certificates to start with.

What kind of setup I need to make on FTP server side to make it work as FTPS?

Any port differences?

thanks..Usha

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

get the FTP details which you require to fill in the File adapter when you select the option FTS.

U need the Server name, i think port is some constant value ( i dnt rembember value check with the legacy) userid and PWD

in the file adapter just fill the server name without any slash, it would be better you first check are you able to login to the FTPs server using the FTP command in your system.......