cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summarization Levels in COPA report - KE30

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expers,

1 )How to define summarization levels in COPA report KE30 ?

2 ) Could you please explain how to find weather summarisation levels defined in

COPA report. ?

3) If summarization levels defined in a report then how to identify ,how many levels defined ?

This is very urgent issue?

Thanks in advance for your quick reply.....

Regards,

Amar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amar,

This is the some infirmation about Summarization of COPA.i thnk it may helps you

COPA summarization levels are defined to optimize the system performance. The uses which I could understand are as follows

1) You must have defined characteristics required in COPA reporting. Now u can summarize COPA reports at a particular characteristic level - System sums up the value fields and populates considers the summarized values at level chosesn for summarization

2) When u do create planning layouts - here u define layouts whereve u enter plan values for sales qty, values, costs etc at ind product level or at product hierarchy level. If u plan at hierarchy level u must hv defined the basis of distribution. This takes care of detailed planning. Now if u wish to transfer COPA sales plan values to SOP - u can either transfer at product level or total level. Here u can define separate summarization level so that system consdiers the plan values and posts to SOP

3) Similarly u can do this for cost center assessments too

4) Before u do summarization levels u need to execute programme RKETRERU in SE38. On running this programme the user defined levels are considered for summarization

Its an optional choice - depending on the number of products, complexity of planning, and other factors

In CO-PA, the system collects all the data at the line item level. This can lead to a huge amount of data within a very short time of operations. Consequently, you may experience huge runtime when running a report which displays data summarized to a high degree but has to read the entire dataset.

In order to improve runtimes, it is necessary to reduce the volume of data which has to be read online. This can be achieved by creating summarized versions of the dataset. The data can be summarized as -

1. First decide the summarized levels

2. Fill the summarization levels with data

3. Update the levels with new line items.

Mostly at summarized level, periodic update of data happens

Hope this helps you

Prem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Thanks for your valuable inputs on summarization levels. I am learner in COPA.

Still I have some doubts, please calrify those to resolve my issue.

Alrady summarization levels defined in my client system.

But my client is asking please create summarization levels for one of the reports they are using since that particular report is giving dump error.

How to assign summarization levels to particular report ? what is the procedure ?

Which criteria I have to consider to assign summarization levels to one report ?

How to find summarization levels exists in any report ?

Is summarization levels report specific or not ?

The report is Form based . In our report Fiscal year & period are using as charasterstics.

3 summarization levels defined :

first one is for Assessment and RES1 report

Second one for mass report

third one for Key figure report.

Please help me to resolve my urgent issue.

Thanks & regards,

Amar