cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retreiving the deleted Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to retrieve a workbook which was deleted in cleaning process.(While deleting the QUERIES which were not been used since 14 months).

There is a Program which does this operation. Accidentally, One of the Customer's Report was deleted from his FAVORITES. Which has the complete analysis since 2003.

Now I am trying all possible ways to retrieve the lost REPORT(workbook).

I think its necessary to know where the program physically deletes the queries and workbooks.

Is it in Database BW or elsewhere ?

The possibility to recover the workbook depends on where the queries and workbooks are stored.

NOTE: The workbook was in the Favorites of End-User.

Somebody please help me out with the possible solutions.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

It depends on whether you just deleted the "pointer" to the workbook from the Favorites, or whether you actually deleted the workbook object. From your description, I assume it is the latter. However, if you only deleted the workbook from the Favorites, all you have to do is find the Workbook ID (e.g. RSA1 -> Metadata Repository -> Workbook) and recreate the link to this workbook, probably by temporarily adding it to a role first, then copying it to Favorites from there.

If you really deleted the workbook object, the next best approach would be to see if anyone kept a copy of the Excel file for the report. If so, you can use that to resave the workbook as a BW object. Open the BEx Analyzer, then open the Excel file with the report and choose "Enable Macros", then click on the Save button on the BW tollbar and choose "Save As New Workbook".

If neither of those approaches work, you may end up having to recreate the workbook from scratch (or at least from the closest existing workbook).

Good luck -- hope this helps...

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used this practise before and it has worked well, this may only work though if the workbook was manually deleted.

First step is to find the technical name of the lost Workbook. Use transaction SE16, and call up table RSRWBINDEXT.

Enter some segment of the name for the lost report e.g. payroll and execute. Any matching entries will be displayed. Copy the WorkbookID.

Now call up transaction PFCG (Role Maintenance), and create a new role. You can then assign this role to a user and add a report to the role.

Select BW Report, and paste the technical name of the “lost” report.

When the user who has been assigned the role next logs in, the resurrected report should be available.

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,i think this work around works if workbook was deleted only from Role or favorites and not from document store complately.

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,if you have RRMX_WORKBOOK_DELETE function module to delete the workbook,it will delete completely.there is no way to retrieve it.

i guesss you have used RSZDELETE to delete Queries and workbooks.then also it is not possible to retieve. or if you are using any other program,check in the program whether it deletes only from favorites or roles or completely.