Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing properties of long text box

karsten_heth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I would like to change the properties of a long text box (Shop -> Items in Shopping Cart -> Item Details -> Document and Attachments -> Texts). I found out that I have to edit <b>SAP_TemplateControlLayerBegin</b> in template <b>templatelibrarydynpro.html</b>.

But how do I edit this template? Can I do it inside of SAP? Which is the correct transaction to do that? Or do I need another tool?

Thanks,

Karsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To change the properties of the text box,you will have to modify the ITS template.If you need to modify the contents of the text box then you need to use the BADi "BBP_LONGTEXT_BADI".

But i guess your rqt is to change the properties of the text box not its contents.See the foll link which deals with similar reqt:

HTH.

BR,

Disha.

<b>Pls reward points for useful answers.</b>

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the following location.

SPRO ---> Supplier Relationship Management ---> SRM Server --->

Cross-Application Basic Settings ---> Text Schema --->

you can make changes in the available customizing settings under

this.

award points if usefull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Try this -></u>

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

karsten_heth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I know which template I have to modify. But <b>where</b> can I find it and <b>how</b> can I edit it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Without modifying the template first, try using the SRM BADI given for this purpose.</b>

<u>The BADI name is <b>BBP_LONGTEXT_BADI</b> </u>

<b>(Read relevant standard documentation using SE18 Transaction).</b>

<u><b>Also refer Sample code in SAP Implementation - BBP_LONGTEXT_BADI_1 using SE19 transaction.</b></u>

<u>Long Texts in SRM Documents</u>

Use

You can use this BAdI:

->To replace the text schema,that has been assigned to a transaction type by means of the IMG activity Define Transaction Types  with a different text schema
see method ReplaceText Schema

->To change the properties of text types (for example, visibility and changeability) within a text schema

see method Change Text Schema
->To define the copying rules for copying text types between SRM documents and to define the mapping rules for the transfer of texts from an SRM document to a backend document
see method Define Copying Rules

->When copying texts from a preceding document, that was created with reference to a third document, to supplement the texts in the follow-on document with the texts from this third document
see method Supplement Long Texts

->When mapping texts from SRM to a backend system, to ensure that the long text in both systems is interpreted the same way
see method Map Fixed Values of Long Texts

<b>Other related very helpful links for BADI Sample code</b>

<b>Hope this will definitely help.</b>

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul