cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart Redundancy(Duplicate terms)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I select a field of a BI query in a Chart(Coulmn) from Category Axis For example: Region is a field and supposse its value is: North,South,East and West and these values are repeated in BI Query many times .

I select a field in the data seriesin Chart, For example Population.

Model works fine But when i see the output(After Deploying) then value of the field Region is repeated like this: North North North North North South South South East East East East East East West West West West West West West----

I want Population against North South East West , means North South East West should comes only one time, without Changing the data in BI because in BI, field Region contains these values repeatdly(many times)

Can we Do this in VC and I am Using Portal 7.0 and VC7.0

Any helpful answer will be appreciated by rewarding points.

Thanks & Regards

Naresh Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naresh,

You can use the 'group by' operator to achieve this. Drag the result from the output port of the BI query to a 'Group By' operator. On the operator, create a group for your category say region (by selecting group1 frm the dropdown)..and then do a 'sum' on the population or any other desired key figure. Drag the result from the operator to the chart view and chart as usual.

Result -->instead of repeated values for regions, you'll see a distinct entry on the chart with values for population summed up across the repeated entries.

prachi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Prachi. I have awarded u maxium(10) points for this and close the thread

Thanks & Regards

Naresh