Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection String for SAP ECC with an SSL connection??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to know how to connect to SAP ECC using an SSL connection. I would really appreciate if some one could provide a sample connection string.

Also can any could provide me with the format of the connection string for connecting to SAP ECC from .Net connnector?

Useful answers will be rewarded

thanks

sathish

Message was edited by:

sathish ramakrishna

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do this via a saprouter.

The ip address of the saprouter has to be given in the logon pad in SapRouter String.

Pl check the following sapnotes.

Install Saprouter Sap note 30289

Remote connection: SAP note 14716

Log on to Online Service System: SAP note 17285

SAProuter: SAP note 30289

Security aspects for remote access: SAP note 46902

Pl award suitably if resolved.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where inside ECC to you want to connect with SSL ?

Webgui ?

BSP application ?

Call a web service ?

etc...

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos

Hi Olivier

To be specific, we have an application(.Net) which uses SAP as backend and retrieves the data from SAP using RFC and BAPI's. Well everything works fine with SAP R/3(where using the connection string and SAPConnector we could establish connection and call the RFC/BAPI).

When it comes to SAP ECC we have no idea about the connection string or how to connect using SAPConnector. I knew that ECC uses a secured connection so i want to know how to connect to SAP ECC using .Net Connnector.

For the SSL could you tell me how exactly can we apply that to the above described situation?

thanks

sathish