cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diff between CIC Winclient and Webclient

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please let me know the exact diff between CIC Winclient and Webclient.

and Let me know is it necessary to know CIC winclent for learning Webclient.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gerhard_djuracek
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When it comes to the technology, the WebClient is based on BSP (business server pages), which are generated by the SAP Web Application Server and creates HTML pages so that all the agent needs is a browser. In contrast, the WinClient is basd on ABAP Dynpro technology and requires a installation of a SAPGUI on the agent machine or a terminal server.

In the area of multi-channel-integration, WebClient currently uses the ICI/BCB interface whereas IC WinClient uses SAPphone. Customers that have a SAPphone based integration up and running will be able to reuse this integration with IC WebClient. ICI/BCB based integration will be made available for IC WinClient customers with the 2005 CRM release.

One important difference is the general approach towards UI design. In the WebClient you will find specialized, optimized user interfaces for a specfic subset of business processes. The WinClient will let you reuse any business process objects from CRM online.

When it comes to integrate into other applications or user interfaces the WebClient can use any people centric UI (PCC UI) view (the CRM browser based user interface) or use WebGUI (aka SAPGUI for HTML) for R/3 (or other 4.6C/D basis based onwards systems) to render HTML. WinClient can easily integrate into any other SAPGui based application.

Hope this information is helpful!

Gerhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I am no expert. I am just a junior, but i finished the cources CR400 and CR410 last week @ SAP Netherlands so I think, I can be usefull.

The winclient and the webclient are not such different. The customizing of both is most of the same. Exept that the webclient no hidden components uses. The win client does this.

The look and feel for the user is totally different for the user.

Your question about the knowledge of the winclient before you do the webclient, it's not necessary. SAP requires the CR100 (Base Customizing) cource before the CR410 cource. It's better to have some knowledge of the Sales, Service and Marketing processen.

Hopefully this information helpt you.

Kind regards,

Sebastiaan de Jong