SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempted credit as subrequirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have run the degree audit (using requirement profile template).

I added a sub-requirement which uses rule module to calculate attempted credit by student.

Even though student has booked module, and in booking History it is showing tht he has attempted 7 credits, while I run the degree audit I got result as "Not Fulfilled".

In index dependent subrequirement I uses Performance Index OAC (Attemted Credit), and Operand "greater than equal to", and value "2 CRH".

In Academic work selection and Module defaults I did not made any entry.

But on the other hand If I make the Operand "Equal to" and value "0 CRH", its giving positive result.

Then I reached at conclusion that at run time students attempted credit is "0".

Am I correct or what should I do to get the positive result for my first condition.

thanks and Regards..

Sudhir..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member195888
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, let's try to guess what could have happened...

If you define an index-dependent subrequirement in degree audit there is always a selection of modules. Thus beside the right performance index, also the module need to be in the selection. It sounds like that you like to consider actually booked modules (not (yet) completed) in degree audit - correct? Maybe the setting in "Define Booking Statuses Relevant for Execution Modes" currently prevent including the booked modules in the mode you are using?! Maybe you can just check whether the modules are actually displayed in the interface as being selected. If not, then there is probably something not correctly configured in the selection of modules rather than in the rule or performance index.

Regards

Joachim

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

former_member195888
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, let's try to guess what could have happened...

If you define an index-dependent subrequirement in degree audit there is always a selection of modules. Thus beside the right performance index, also the module need to be in the selection. It sounds like that you like to consider actually booked modules (not (yet) completed) in degree audit - correct? Maybe the setting in "Define Booking Statuses Relevant for Execution Modes" currently prevent including the booked modules in the mode you are using?! Maybe you can just check whether the modules are actually displayed in the interface as being selected. If not, then there is probably something not correctly configured in the selection of modules rather than in the rule or performance index.

Regards

Joachim

0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

Thanks for quick response.

I am doing first time audit run, thats why I used a simple condition just to insure that I am at right track. This is the reason I am running the audit for booked modules.

Performance Index OAC (Attempted Credits), was defined in the IDES, so I guess it works right.

I made the necessary configuration as u said in "Define Booking Statuses Relevant for Execution Modes", still I am getting positive result only for condition attempted credit equalto 0. Means still calculation of attempted credit for student is 0 at the time of audit run. Please check for this PI (OAC), this simple condition, and suggest me, where is the problem.

Regards..

Sudhir

0 Kudos

Hi,

you should have a look at the degree audit user interface and check whether any module is selected at all. As mentioned you need also to make sure that the modules are selected for the subrequirement and not just having the right performance index. The performance index is only calculated for the selected not for all modules. In the academic work screen, all modules are transferred to the performance index.

Regards

Joachim

0 Kudos

Thanks Joachim,

Problem is solved :)..

I changed the performance index to ROAC (Registered Overall credits), now its giving right result. I think problem was with Index OAC (Attempted credit).

What u think ?

Regards Sudhir...

0 Kudos

Sudhir,

This is a common mis-interpretation of the 'OAC' performance index in IDES. This PI counts the ATTEMPTED Credits for COMPLETED academic work. It does not take into account work that is simply 'Booked'. I think that if you were to go ahead and record that your student had completed the modules, the 'OAC' degree audit rule would have worked.

That is why we also have a PI in IDES for 'ROAC' which includes credits that are also part of 'booked' courses.

Michael

0 Kudos

OK Michael,

Thanks for updating my knowledge.

Regards

Sudhir