Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

object dependencies in classification

andy_dingfelder3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

today i´ve a question concerning object dependencies in classification system. I´m not a classification guru so I´m sorry for a possible bad description!

We´re are using object dependencies for characteristic values, which means that during classifying a material only specific values depending on other already classified characteristics will be displayed in the standard SAP value help.

My problem now is, that I have to develop such a search help for an own tool. Unfortunatly I couldn´t found any FMs which brings up a popup with characteristics values and consideres the object dependencies.

Is there somebody out there who knows such a FM?

For any tips many thanks in advance!

Andy

3 REPLIES 3

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to create a searchhelp in se11.

in the view V_RCP_PP_CHCLREL you have all the charateristics and values

in table kssk you have the relation between the material and classification I guess (it's the table for orderrelation at least)

you can ofcourse define a new function which you use in the searchhelp or define the relation in the searchhelp

kind regards

arthur

0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

I couldn´t find the V_RCP_PP_CHCLREL. We´re on a 46C release! MAybe that reason why I could´nt found the view?

But, I think you didn´t understand me corrcectly. I´m not locking for a functionality which gives me all values of characteristic back. For this I could use CTMS_CHAR_VALUE_F4.

Instead I´m looking for a function module which filters all values of characterisitc with the object dependencies. For instance:

I´ve two characteristics with the following values:

CARTYPE ---> car | truck |

CARVENDOR ---> BMW | Mercedes Benz | Audi | Porsche | MAN | Scania |

Lets imagne these characterists are grouped together by a class named PRODUCT.

A material is classified with this class. If now the user selects as car type TRUCK he should only get the values MAN and SCANIA for the charac. CARVENDOR. This is already done in standard SAP classification at material master. My question is, how I can do that by myself in a own application.

Regards

Andy

0 Kudos

copy the programm from sap and change it

kind regards

arthur