Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete objects in SE80

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to clean up the R31 system by deleting the objects, specifically the smart forms, tables, programs, includes, etc. We have finished deleting the tables, smart forms, includes etc. except the programs. However, upon performing the deletion. The objects cannot be deleted because they are locked. There is an error: The program cannot be locked at present - F1. As per the exact error documentation, kindly see below:

The program Z0606 cannot be locked at present -> F1

Message no. E4055

Diagnosis

You cannot lock the required program.

Procedure

A lock has either already been set, or the program contains an editor lock (in its attributes).

As a way to check the locked objects, i view the lock overview of the object via viewing the Display Object Directory Entry then Display Request Locks for Object. What i viewed there is the transport requests.

Hope you could help us.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SM12 and see if there is a lock on the specific object. Delete that lock, come back to SE80 and then you can delete that object.

Regards

Aneesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the program is locked while created. U can check the lock set in ur abap editor screen, by using menu GOTO->ATTRIBUTES. There will be a check for editor lock in this dialog box.

So, u cannot go in change mode of that program. U have to write a separate program to delete lock for this program. Then try to delete this program in SE80.

For deleting the editor lock, u have to use table TRDIR , field EDTX. This field will be checked. First delete this check and proceed in SE80 for deleting the program.