cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTP (DSO -> Cube) fails, due to exception assumably

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a simple DTP that is supposed to load data from a DSO into a cube. Unfortunately, it fails already when loading the first data package.

In the monitor I can see the following.

It starts the transformation process, green light.

The next step is marked with a red light and says something like (I'm in a German system):

"Exception in step: Rules"

I can click on the protocol icon, which leads me to the class builder displaying the class cl_rstran_runtime_exe at a line that says:

RAISE EXCEPTION TYPE cx_rsrout_abort.

It would seem to me that the DTP fails because something goes wrong in a rule in the transformation. Though I don't have any rules in the transformation. Just forwarding the data from the DSO into the Cube.

So I do not see, why this exception is raised.

Any ideas appreciated:)

Cheers,

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Did you checked SAP Note 1042768 - Message not issued for exception CX_RSROUT_ABORT BI70(SP14).

I guess you need to update to BI patch 14 SAPKW70014.(if not done yet)

Also check OSS Note 980549 - Endless D0/WHILE with inconsistent metadata

Hope it helps.

Thanks

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the hints! But it doesnt seem to me that these notes will help. Someone here told me to try and load the cube using the old scheme with InfoSource and Update Rules.

But I'd rather find out why this DTP goes wrong instead of avoiding to use it.

Another hint was to restrict the DTP and load smaller packages into the cube. That way I might be able to find out whether the problem is a data problem.

The thing is that the upload into the cube works in our development system but now fails in the QA system.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any dump in ST22?

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, i don't think so

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved the problem myself. The error came with the code RSBK 229, which brought me to OSS note 1063541. This note talks about "errors at timesplit with fiscyear variant" or something.

After I checked my transformation rules, I remodelled a rule that fills the fiscyear. It works now. I hope...

Cheers