cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

all about adaptors

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi people,

can any one please tell me what is the function of an adaptor ?. iam new to computer field and i have taken up xi , so i have many basic doubts like

is adaptor a hard ware related device?

where is it present ?

i would be happy if some one takes the pole of a mentor in this issue .

once u send a reply to me please see this again as i may rise another question and u can answer me .. blogs are also welcome but some clear answers will help me a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

>>is adaptor a hard ware related device?

No.

>>where is it present ?

It is configured in the adapter frame work of the XI.

The main use of adapters is to transform the incoming message into Xi-SOAP format, or to transform the XI-SOAP message into legacy systems format.

XI can understand only XI-SOAP formatted messages. When a Third-party System send messages to XI the adapter converts it to XI-SOAP format and sends it to Integration Engine. This is the main work of adapter.

In XI, we can categories the adapters as follows:

<b>Technical Adapter:</b>

File,

HTTP,

SOAP,

JDBC,

Mail,

JMS

<b>Application Adapters:</b>

<b>SAP Application Adapters:</b>

RFC

IDoc.

<b>Non-SAP Application Adapters:</b>

BAAN

Oracle,

Seibel,

PeopleSoft,

QAD MFG/PRO

<b>Industry Standard Adapters:</b>

CIDX Adapter by SAP

EDI Standard Adapters By SEEBURGER:

1. Retail Industry Adapter

2. Aerospace & Defense Industry Adapter

3. Automotive Industry Adapter

4. Chemical Industry Adapter

5. Consumer Products Industry Adapter

6. High Tech Industry Adapter

7. Paper Industry Adapter

8. Pharmaceutical Industry Adapter

9. RNIF Adapter by SAP

Adapters By iway:

10. UCCnet Adapter

11. SWIFT Adapter

12. Transora Adapter

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/content.htm">ADAPTERS</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ad/4e27db3e7b4e6b970fd1afa9abe0c9/content.htm">Communication Using Adapters</a>

Regards

San

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepu,

I guess you have entirely got the purpose od SDN forums in a wrong sense.

It is better for you and the community if you can read the Rules of engagement before you briing up a new thread.

>>>i would be happy if some one takes the pole of a mentor in this issue .

Community members here are not here to that. You read blogs/materials and/or attend SAP XI courses if you seriously want to learn XI. All we can do is point you in the correct direction. If you have any technical problems while trying out a few interfaces, then your questions are more than welcome.

I would like to repeat we <b>can not take the role of mentor in tutoring you SAP XI</b>.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adapter is program wriiten in java..

and is responsible for converting the data in XI understandable format vice-versa,

Adapters enable the Integration Engine to communicate with different applications.

below link explains u in details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

regards

pratibha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Deepu,

Ur new to XI so i will give u three Blogs which will help u to gain Knowlege in Basic Concepts to Advances concepts.

In this Three Links u have lot of Chain of links Which will Help u to Gain Knowledge.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

All the Best.

Regards,

Phani

Reward Points if Helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

Welcome to XI World!!!

Let me tell u about adapter in a simple manner.

XI can understand only XML messages.XI does not understand any other type of message.The concept of adapters come here.As u know XI is a middle ware.

Let us take a example.consider a scenario FILE ->XI->R/3.u need to send a file from any legacy system to R/3 system.But the file is not in XML format(suppose XLS format).How u will send it to XI????

The concept of adapters come here.Now u have to use File adpater which will convert the XSL format file to XML format which is understable by XI.And by this way it will route to R/3 from XI.

FILE->(File adapter)->XI->(RFC adpater/proxy/IDoc adapter)->R/3

<b>is adaptor a hard ware related device?

where is it present ?</b>

Adapter is not not h/w related.Most of the adpaters are written in java code.

i will advise u too first serach ur topic in SDN .Read watever info u get.And if u dont understand/u dont get relevent info then only post a question.If u do wat i said it will save a lot of ur time .

All the best

Regrds

BILL

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

Have a look at this Blog,

<a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/12/22/sap-exchange-infrastructure-and-adapters Exchange Infrastructure and Adapters</a> By George Yu

Regards

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No it is not a hardware device.

adapter are present at the adaptere framework.

adapters are basically used to send and receive message from/into XI.

there are basically two types of adapters.

1.sender adapter

2.Receiver adapter

1. sender adapter is used to send the message to the integration engine in XI.

2.receiver adapter is used to send the message outside the XI.

In XI we have different types of adapters.

File adapter

FTP adapter

Idoc adapter

JMS adapter

Mail adapter

JDBC adapter

Thanks

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

It's good that you are asking your questions, but at a time one question and more ever try to find you ans through blogs, there are lot many. While replying do not asko another ques in the smae thread.

Now come to you ques.

What is Adapete?

Just go through this thread and you will get your answer in detail.

Set the thread after you get the ans.

Regards,

Sarvesh