Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run RFID on Standard xMAM3.0

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are doing enhancements to the standard xMAM3.0 Application. We have to do enhancements to standard RFID functionality. I have downloaded the standard xMAM3.0 from service market place and uploaded to webconsole and then assigned MI Client.

I could see Partner Management, Order Management, Notification Management etc., but RFID links was not there. I have checked the code in mam_home.jsp, and this link can be display on the home page if RFID is in active position.

Can any body please tell me, how to activate this RFID to get it run. Do we need to activate this from backend side.

I just want to run the RFID which is there in standard MAM.

I have the PDA of

provider -

ecomp,

operating system --- Windows Mobile CE 5.0,

processor -

ARM

MI --- MI2.5 SP17

Regards,

babu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The usage of MAM RFID scenarios requires mobile devices that support RFID. Currently the devices of psion(netpad with atleast 128 MB RAM) are supported for the use of MAM with RFID. Psion drivers that support the SAP RFID component are available for download at : http://www.psionteklogix.com (Refer note 848799).

For using MAM with RFID you have to deploy some Addon's on the mobile Device:

1. RFiD device .dll driver,(delivered by the hardware provider)

2. RFID device .jar files(delivered by the hardware provider)

3. SAP RFID MRI (on the MAM installation cd) - SAP Mobile Interface software is required to be installed on the hardware RFID-reader device. Details to deploy the required SAP MRI software are given in note 791037

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you need to activate it in the backend as any other MAM components.

And you need to deploy add-on to teh device before you can run fucntionality.

Please check MAM central note to find a note related to RFID deployment.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova