Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in updating screen field.

baradakanta_swain2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a requirement to fill a blank screen field in table control in the screen by taking the value of one of the other fields in the same screen.I have used DYNP_VALUES_READ to read value from one screen field of the screen and DYNP_VALUES_UPDATE to update the read value in another screen field in table control of the same screen.I am able to read the value but unable to update value.

Flow logic.

Value in the ‘Project #’ field should be updated in the ‘Partner field’ column in the table control on selecting ‘Sold-To-Party, option. I have created field exit for ‘Sold-To-Party’ field and in the field exit function module I have written the code.

Thanks and regards

Kiran Vangalapati

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on how you have your table control set up. When you say that you are updating the table control field, are you updating the value of the field wherever the table control data is being pulled from (I.e. the original table)? Or are you updating the value in the internal table that is part of the table control definition (I.e. the field shown within the table control if you look at the screen layout)? Make sure that if you are changing the data in the original table that you then also update the actual table control fields as well. Also, are you making your changes in the PBO module before the screen is ever displayed? You may need to use a MODIFY SCREEN statement after you make your changes, depending on when your code is called. I hope this helps.

- April King

0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem is we have created a field exit on one of the screen fields in the standard screen in standard SAP transaction IW52,For a field-exit there will be a function module in which I have written the code,since it is a standard transaction we cannot directly update table used by table control,so I have tried using a function module 'DYNP_VALUES_UPDATE' but I am unable to update the screen-field in the table control.

0 Kudos

Please check out the documentation for function module DYNP_VALUES_UPDATE. According to that

"The module DYNP_GET_STEPL must first be called in strp-loop or table control to set the correct step-loop."

Are you already doing this in your code? Go into SE37, enter the function module name, and then display it. Then you can click on the button "Function Module Documentation" to see this info and an example of code.

- April