cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP OO sales order object - how to attach link to VA03

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to build workflow using ABAP Objects instead of BOR. I created custom object for sales order according to blog "Getting started with ABAP OO for Workflow using the IF_WORKFLOW interface". It works correctly in my workflow but I would like to attach link to "browse sales order" (VA03) to workflow step. When using BOR I can attach link my binding BOR objest to AdhocObjest step container element. The same way does not work for ABAP OO object. The error message is "The object categories 'CL' (source) and 'BO' (target) are not compatible".

Is there any way to add this link to attachments when sales order object is OO not BOR?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

At least make sure that you have a default method 'browse' in your class. I mean that make a method for "displaying" or "browsing" or whatever you want to happen when you click the object, and make it default. OR actually if I remember correctly there is a default method existing already, but put your code to there.

Also try this:

-Create a container element of type 'sales order' into your task

-Bind the sales order object from workflow to the the task

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

By this:

>Also try this:

>-Create a container element of type 'sales order' into your task

>-Bind the sales order object from workflow to the the task

I mean that try this instead of binding the object to the adhoc element.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I follwoed the second hint:

1. made a copy of standard decision task

2. added my sales order ABAP object to container of task from 1.

3. bind my sales order ABAP object from workflow container to task container

This solved the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

WIOBJECT_ID is free in task container but nevertheless I cannot bind my ABAP OO object to it as I get the same error message "The object categories 'CL' (source) and 'BO' (target) are not compatible". My object has instance method which displays it and which is called from method BI_OBJECT~EXECUTE_DEFAULT_METHOD which causes it to be default in my opinion.

I'm trying bind them in SWDD - statically, not by any coding.

Is creating BOR object the only possible solution to "Display order" attachment problem? Couldn't it be done without BOR

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may have to instantiate the BUS2032 object before binding it to AdhocObject, as its default method is <i>Display</i> it will serve your purpose unless of course if you can bind your OO object to WIOBJECT_ID if it is free. You need WIOBJECT_ID for instance methods but not static ones.

Let us know how you go.