Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change FILE to IDOC by HTTP to IDOC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !!!

We have a txt FILE to IDOC scenario.

Now we want to implement a HTTP to IDOC scenario, but taking advantage of the mappings existing and avoid re-implement it. The HTTP calls must contain the text of the actual FILE.

What is the best way to do it?

How convert a txt FILE in a XML?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you already have the scenario working with a File-XI-IDOC, why do you want to change it to HTTP-XI-IDOC?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jai.

Because file arrive via UUCP to a FTP server and, in this scenario, we have many problems and sometimes lost of files. Now, we want to suppress FTP server.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm.. Wrtie a Java Mapping that will convert the text File to XML and then call this as the first step in the interface mapping . The output of this will be the input to the Message Mapping.

But yeah, you would need to write the the Java Code to convert text to XML which is not always recommended!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Bhavesh, for your response.

But my problem is that we have more than two thousand of clients who send us files (for example, orders).

We must change to a HTTP call, but during any months, two scenarios must be active. This one is the principal motive for which we want to take advantage of the existing mapping

So, your solution is good, but in this case doesn't serve us to maintain the two scenario : FILE to IDOC and HTTP to IDOC. Right ?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hmm.. one let me understand this correct, you want to use the same sender service with the same mapping etc,i.e, you do not want to change the integration directory settings right?

If yes, one option - in the java mapping check what the input is, if it is XML then ignore the mapping and let the input of the mapping be the output of the mapping. If it is text the the mapping converts to XML.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Bhavesh

Rigth? Not exactly... I assume I need to create new receiver determination and to make some changes in integration directory (like message interface, message mapping), but if it's possible, i want to avoid changes in message mapping

In fact, I have more than one scenario (orders, stocktaking, cash up, bank information... ) and therefore, some complicated message mapping. This is the main reason to evaluate the best solution.

In your proposal... ¿How test if first imput is a XML or a TXT? ¿When and how call the java code?

Thank you in advance,

Carme