cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting to several system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

My company is having a consolidation environment made of 3 servers (one per region).

I wonder how I can get development for the same software component transported in the three systems in parallel?

Is that at all possible and how?

Antoine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First: Do you really need these 3 consolidation systems. I can image you need 3 Production systems for different regions... For production systems you could define different tracks for each region, containing only a production runtime system and then connect these to the track where you develop the components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I need the 3 regional system as this is one of the key features of my application.

I don't understand this partt

".. For production systems you could define different tracks for each region, containing only a production runtime system and then connect these to the track where you develop the components."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Consider This Practicle Scenario

1)We have a developement Team in India for this team we created a track, when it comes to selected runtime systems in CMS i think it is enough to have only Devlopment and Consolication systems.

2)Our Testing team is located AT Germany for this team is it required to have another Track and select runtime system only Test, or can we use the same track as that of development.

3) We Have Production regions at USA,UK and Canada for all these there are three saparate tracks.

in this scenario how do we establish communication between development team, testing team and finally release to production.(May be we have to use Track connections tab)

I have not got the clear cut picture

If someone worked on this scenario pls share your experience.

~RK

Message was edited by: Ramakrishna Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you need to use the Track Connections for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you use these 3 consolidation systems for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is used to install appmlication that are region dependent.

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aren't these actually Production systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

thye are mapping what production is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then they are actually QA systems. You should assign them to the Testing stages, not the Consolidation stages. For Testing systems you can perform the same "trick" as I described for Production systems, since they are after the Assembly stage and can thus be used in another track with a track connection from the development track.

Try using the following setup:

1. Set up a Development track with only a Development/Consolidation runtime system

2. Set up one Test track for each region with the relevant Testing runtime system.

3. Setup track connections from the Development track to the Test tracks.

Once you send something past the Assembly stage in the Development track it should show up in the Test tracks for import.

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are consolidation system!

There is an other set of servers used for QA.

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you can give all this information in your first post next time, then it's easier for people to help you and they will not come up with all these "unuseful" answers like I did now...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks and sorry for not giving all details,

So if I understand correctly I need a track for development and a track per deployed region?

This is getting relatively complex for each project ton setup as compared to ABAP.

Is there anyway to make part of the project setup as tracks template?

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't seen anything about templates, but it should be a one-time-only task...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

suppose I create another track to because I have several Test systems (one is used for volume testing for example, another for training).

If I create a track transport connection from the development track to tracks for volume testing and training then the transports will be trigered only when I assemble the SC's.

Suppose I create the tracks after the SC has been assembled. How do I trigger the transports again into the other tracks if I dont want to reassemble the software components in the dev track ? Forwarding components would be nice but it seems to only be there after approval.

Thank you.