Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Label for Built In Types when Defining a new Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating a new table where I want to define the data elements using built in types. Simple enough.

However, when I create the maintenance dialogue for the table. The Field label appears as "+" for all the built in type fields.

How can I add relevant field labels without creating a load of data elements seperately.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenenver you create maintenance dialogue for table which have data elements using built in type.

Also + appears.

To cahnge it on maintenance dialogue , go to the screen by double clicking.

then go to layout and change the decription from + to expected one.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jez,

I think it is not possible with built in types.Only way is to create data element and maintaining a field label.

former_member589029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jez,

Since you can't maintain a label in yout table for the predefined types another way would be to 'modify' your generated table maintenance dialog and type in the labels directly as column header texts on the dynpro(s) you generated.

However, be aware that if you regenerate your maintenance dialog for any reason, you would have to re-enter the texts in the column headers.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto table maintainence generator and double click on the screen number. In the element list tab, under text/IO template change the label for the field of type text that will be displayed on the table maintainence screen if changes are activated.

Thanks,

Muthu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenenver you create maintenance dialogue for table which have data elements using built in type.

Also + appears.

To cahnge it on maintenance dialogue , go to the screen by double clicking.

then go to layout and change the decription from + to expected one.