cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two different background jobs with same program & same execution time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have EU_PUT, ZEU_PUT, EU_REORG and ZEU_REORG background jobs scheduled in our Development, Quality & production systems.

When I checked the job details of this jobs I found that jobs EU_PUT & ZEU_PUT are scheduled at the same time with the same program, only user ID is different. The same thing I observed for EU_REORG and ZEU_REORG jobs.

My query is if the two different jobs executes the same program at the same time then is it cause any inconsistency to our system? And is it necessary to execute the same program with two different jobs?

If I delete ZEU_PUT & ZEU_REORG (if not required) then is it cause any inconsistency? Please suggest.

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Please check if the variants they are using are also the same. Go to Job steps and then check the variants from there. If same then they are duplicate jobs. If different then you need to review the impact of simultanoeus running.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Thanks for reply.

I checked all the Jobs, variants are not defined for any job.

Also, I checked the OSS note 188790 & 208540 and found that EU_PUT & EU_REORG are the automatically scheduled standard background jobs. It also describes that we can scheduled this jobs multiple times in a day. But in our system it is scheduled twice at the same execution time. My question is shall I change the execution time for this jobs or keep it as it is? Please suggest.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok .. Then make that that z jobs to scheduled from Released and keep it for few days. Then if everything is ok delete it

Thanks

Prince Jose