cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web.Config for Portal Apps

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my IView I need to access some configuration like DB connection string from config file. If I add the required section to the web.config in the root folder of the runtime C:\Program Files\SAP\Portal Runtime for Microsoft .NET\Server00\PortalApps the IView is able read the configuration.

But if I add a web.config file to application folder it doesn't seem to work, ie, does not read info from

C:\Program Files\SAP\Portal Runtime for Microsoft .NET\Server00\PortalApps\PortalApplication1\Web.config

My question is, it possible to have multiple web.config files, one per application as in asp.net application running on IIS.

Message was edited by: Arun Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

There is some types of section that can be on the application folder but most of them must be at the root folder.

Section like "appSettings" can be place on at one folder.

But we are highly recommended to use the portal "System Landscape" when its possible (security issue,deployment clustering and more...).

take a look at the following link - https://media.sdn.sap.com/html/submitted_docs/dotnet/How%20to/CreatingPortalSystemTemplate.htm

Regards,

Yehuda

Answers (0)