cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP heuristic taking in account shutdown periods

0 Kudos

Hello all,

We would like to "block out" resources when there are plant shutdowns for things like statutory plant maintenance inspections.

We can block out the time on the resource in R/3 which is immediately ciffed to APO. However, when we run SNP Heuristic planned orders are created on the week which has been blocked out. We have discovered that we can run capacity levelling to "move" these orders and leaves the blocked out time with no planned orders. However, this capacity levels everything which is not quite what we want.

I suppose my question is what is the process in this case. Does it have to be Heuristic --> Capacity Level or is there some way of just stopping planned orders being generated on the time the resource is not available when the Heuristic is run ?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SNP Heuristic planning assumes infinite capacity so it has to be followed by capacity leveling in order to create an executable plan.

While SNP optimizer does all these things by itself considering all constraints so no need to be followed by Capacity leveling or anything like that for this requirement.

I would like to add one thing that Blocking of resource is possible in APO itself so no need to get the same from ECC if modification not required there.

Award points if helpful,

Regards,

Manjit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Am not sure how this can be done from R/3 side. I will look forward to the forum to answer that. However the way to do it from APO side would be to go to the downtimes tab of Resource master, set up a planned downtime and see if it works. The method does not work for CTM though. If it does not work for Heuristics, I would construct capacity variants and make them date effective. Eg. make a capacity definition with 0 capacity and one can reuse these definitions among various capacity variants.This is a sure-shot method and perhaps you would not even have to manage things in R/3.