cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic file name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working with a scenario Dynamic file name with the help of the following blog

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i

But I dont have R/3 access . Can i make the scenario in XI server without R/3?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somenath,

There is no need of R/3. Just test the file usnig NFS mode in your CC (easy to test). Put the files on application server (use SXDA_TOOLS to put files on application server) and check the results. You can see the target path of application server by tcode <b>AL11</b>.

R/3 will require (if you are sending/receiving data from R/3) when you do end-to-end testing.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member194677
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Somenath,

There is no need of R/3 and you can achieve this through a simple scenario File to file.In sender file adapter select the option "Adapter-specific Message attribute",select file name and set Adapter-specific Message attribute in the above option.

write a User define function include the following code:

// access dynamic configuration

DynamicConfiguration conf = (DynamicConfiguration) param.get(

StreamTransformationConstants.DYNAMIC_CONFIGURATION);

DynamicConfigurationKey KEY_FILENAME = DynamicConfigurationKey.create("http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/File","FileName");

// read value

String Filename = conf.get(KEY_FILENAME);

Regards

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Somenath,

If you want to use IDOC ,then yes you need a R/3 System.

As you told you are working on Dynamic File name .So you can take thirdparty Sender and Receiver and work on the look up using <b>JDBC</b>.

With regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can test this feature with a simple file to file scenario. No need of R/3.

Regards,

Sudheer.