cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enhancement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

My doubt is while doing enhancements , we have to use append strucutre for that particular extractor and add the required field to it. and creating a project and assigning a enhancement in R/3,

BW side we need to created InfoObjects and that to the particular ODS or cube?

clarify my doubt

Thanx in advance,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

You are right, whenever the Standard Datasource does have some extra info which we want we Append.

This done using RSA6 select Datasource Append --> Give append Structure name as Z<Extract Srt name> and add new field to it as ZZ_<field name>.

Then in CMOD create a Project for BW (if it is not done) and depending on the type of Data that is Transacvtion. Master, text or hierarchy, use the Respective User Exits

EXIT_SAPLRSAP_001 Customer Function Call for Supplying Transaction Data

EXIT_SAPLRSAP_002 Customer Function Call for Supplying Master Data

EXIT_SAPLRSAP_003 Customer Function Call for Supplying Text

EXIT_SAPLRSAP_004 Customer Function Call for Supplying Hierarchies

And write Functional Enhancement in it, using a CASE statement on I_DATASOURCE (your datasource name) and write logic to populate data for new field.

After this create a parallel IO in BW and add it to ODS/Cube and do mappings in TR/UR or Transformation.

And load Data.

Hope this clears your doubt

Thanks

CK

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi, You are right.

First create a project using cmod tcode in r/3 system and assign all the required components in the project. then add the field the append str. and go for abap code in the exit.

Thanks,

Vachan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kastwar,

Thanks for your reply,

the technical name should be same right? (BW AND r/3 side)

Thanx in advanc,e

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are referring to tech Name of new Added Field,

If yes,

it is not mandatory that it should be same, jsut the Type (Char , lenght ect) should be consistent.

In Transfer Rules or Transformation you can map this at that time the Objects are actually mapped to transfer data.

So same Tech Name is not required.

Thanks

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If u create the infobject it can be used for both ODS and infocube. its not that we have to create particularly to ods or cube. we can use thsi infoobjects for both the ods and cube.

i hope this helps u,

anil