cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO SEND OR COPY DATA FROM ONE INFOCUBE TO ANOTHER INFOCUBE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have loaded the data in one infocube. Now i want to load the same data into another infocube from this infocube i.e; i want to load data from one infocube to another infocube.

thanks and regards,

venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mansi_dandavate
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right click on the cube which contains data and say generate export datasource. This will create a InfoSource of name 8<Name of the cube>. Now Create update rules from the infocube which has data to the infocube which you want to load the data. Keep all the rule types as direct mapping. Activate the update rules.

Execute infopackage and load data.

Regards,

Mansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi mansi,

thanks for your response,yes i fallow your statement, at the end of the statement 'execute infopackage and load the data' what is mean by load the data from where we can load the data, i am in confussion,pl clarify me what is the procedure to load the data in this case.

thanks & regards

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right Click on Cube 1 Generating export datasource - ull get Infosource with techname as 8CUBE

Create Update Rules btn 8Cube n Cube 2

Create Infopackage on this datasource ( 8DATASOURCE ) now to laod to cube.

Run it. - <b>This infopackage will load from Cube 1 to Cube 2 - 8Datasource is nothing but a source of data which is Cube1 here.</b>

<u><b>Executing the infopackage will pull data from Cube 1 n feeds Cube 2 wid d same.</b></u>

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

create one new cube to which u want to load data.select old cube which consist the data right click> generateand export datasource. system will generate a datasource with prefix 8fallowed by infocube name.than give the updaterule to the newly created IC by using old IC name as datasource.than load the data using infopackage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Create an Export Datasource from your Cube (which contains Data), this can be done by right click on cube Generate Export Datasource.

Now it will Generate a Datasource with naming 8*(cube Name) on your new cube create Update Rules on this Export Dataspource and then create an Infopackage/DTP and Load Data.

Although if this is just first time loading in Cube 1 (which contains data), you can use the same Infosource of your Cube 1 and create Update Rules on that Infosource for Cube 2 (no data Cube) and create Infopackage/DTP and Load Data.

Hope it Helps

Thanks

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Right click on the cube which u have loaded the data and click on 'generate export data source'. One data source will be generated with 8 prefix to ur cube. Go to the new cube which u want to load give this cube name in update rules. create the info package and load the data.

Thanks

Khaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Create export Data Source for Cube A

> Create update rules from Cube A to Cube B

> Create info package

> load data