cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating the G/L Accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

When Installing SAP B1 in Clients place, we would like to up date previous data into SAP B1. Client does not have any ERPsystem,

How can I import the Existing Data Available in different books. At time of Importing what are the Basic factors to be considered.

Narender

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me know if you need any help interim

Best wishes

Suda

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narender,

I believe you are talking about a New SAP B1 installation at a Client Site and you could like to import their legacy data.

If their existing data is stored electronically/ on a vcomputer system then all their data could be exported to Excel.

The Data Transfer Workbench (DTW) provides templates which are Excel templates. You can map the legacy data to these DTW template and import them to SAP B1.

You have two types of data

MASTER (Customers, Vendors, Items, etc. ) and

TRANSACTION (Open AR, AP and GL transactions)

Let me know if you have further questions

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

With reference to your Guidence I am requesting Client to Provide the Complete Master Data ( Items, Vendors and Customers ) list. I had copied all relevent fields of Masters from Inventory, Business Partners Master Data into Excel Sheet to fill the blanks by Client.

After collecting complete Data I will Try to import data based on Your Suggestions.

Regards

Narender

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you install SAP B1 in the client place, it will not involve database installation. So, I suggest you to create 2 databases if you want to place different books in the client

Importing existing data can use DTW.

Rgds