cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Worksheet in Workbook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upon inserting a 2nd worksheet in a workbook, the layout looks horrible compared to the initial sheet i.e. the "Table" sheet. The background is blue, all fonts are in BOLD, the Result lines are not yellow and the top of the query does not contain the heading, Chart, Filter and Information buttons.

How can this be resolved?

Regards

Johan

Note: we do have the latest patch loaded

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having problems with the layout when inserting a new query as sheet 2 in a workbook i.e. buttons Chart, Filter and Information do not appear in the new worksheet. Do you know how to get them there automatically as like for the TABLE sheet?

Regards

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan.

As Thomasz indicated, his reply to my question in

answers your question completely as well... I was AMAZED how well it worked, because it replicates ALL the formatting from the first worksheet, as well as inserting the query automatically in several other sheets.

Take a look and try it out, I think you will be impressed, I certainly was.

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johan.

Yes, on further reflection you WILL have a difficulty with not having the same buttons etc on these sheets, because they are based on vba code, rather than BW functionality.

It wouldn't be difficult to do, you could take the existing vba code that SAP developed, and replicate it - with tweaks - to the other sheets. Not hard, but a step beyond my own self-taught vba programming skills. I DID manage to tweak the code enough to remove the buttons entirely, though, and to change the colours from blue to orange.

Let us know how you get on, please.

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tomasz,

Do you perhaps have an answer for my problem as well? I need the same format for a 2nd sheet in a workbook but this is for a new query - not the same as the one in the Table sheet.

Thanks

Johan

tomasz_serwach2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

This will drill your query across new sheets so you will have the same query on several sheets with the same format as the first one. If you want to change queries you just need to add ne dataproviders and switch them in design mode.

Tomasz

tomasz_serwach2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

the answer to that question is there

Tomasz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I get the same problem with "apply formatting" enabled or disabled. However, enabling "AutoFit" does work - columns are automatically adjusted.

Tried the Themes tab as well. Still get the same error with "Do Not Use a Theme" as well as with the default standard Themes template.

SSS,

I logged this question under NetWeaver 2004s - not using v3.5 anymore.

Regards

Johan

pavel_afanasiev
Contributor
0 Kudos

Johan,

you can check a couple of more things:

In the properties of the analysis grid, you can disable "apply formatting" - this way the colors should not apply

the other option is to go to the workbook settings button, and choose the Themes tab - there should be a few different choices there. You can also shut off the theme application by checking off "Do Not Use a Theme"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I go into BEx Analyser, Open workbook, right-click on Table, Insert Worksheet, OK, then "Insert Analysis Grid", click on cell A1, choose create Data Provider, assign new query, OK, Exit Design Mode. At this point the query is executing and ends up with the horrible colours.

Hope you can assist from here.

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Insert Worksheet.

2. In Bex tool bar select Tools >> Insert Query

This should work fine.

Regards

SSS

pavel_afanasiev
Contributor
0 Kudos

Johan,

how are you inserting a second worksheet in? If you are doing it by copying it from another workbook by using the excel copy worksheet function, you are losing the BEx functionality. If you check the data providers in the workbook, you should only have the original one in there, and the second query should not be referenced at all.

My recommendation would be too add a worksheet, then add a second data provider to it, and then add the individual components. They are pretty straight forward. You have an analysis grid, a navigation pane, and text boxes. Unless you need chart functionality, these three components would allow you to recreate the look and feel.

Thanks

Pasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Just a thought, before inserting worksheet, just go to Bex Tool Bar and Use option

Settings-->New Workbook on embedded --> based on some Template.

Just create a .xlt (template file) (may be multiple sheet) with some header etc etc.

And refer this template in Settings.

And then try Inserting the Worksheet.

Lets see how it works.

Thanks

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chitrarth.

Have you been able to create a reasonable-looking multi-sheet template? I would be very interested to see a sample if you have. (my email is in my Business Card).

The position I have achieved so far is to take the default SAP template and modify it to move the Navigation panel from the left (hidden using vba) to visible above the Table. Plus changed colours, amending text variables etc etc. We are fairly happy with it as a single-sheet template, but creating more sheets which appear identical to the first one would involve vba skills well beyond those available, I believe.

Any thoughts?

Patrick