cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage documentation in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I have some difficulties with methods of storage documentation in Solution Manager.

I know that we can hold docs these ways:

1. Documentation which are assigned with roadmaps. These docs are connected with different phases of implementation or other projects.

2. Documentation which are assigned with business-processes in transaction SOLAR01- Business blueprint. I like this way, but the problem is that we should describe all process for which we want to hold docs.

Is there any possibility for storage like some kind of place where we can store docs and can easily find this documentation with help of key words for example...

If anybody know any other way I will be very appreciate...

Thanks…

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Olga-

Yes it is possible to report on and search for documentation by keyword. You will still need to maintain a structure in the Blueprint Transaction in order to take advantage of the functionality. Here are the steps.

<b>1.) Maintain Keywords</b>

In the Project Administration Transaction (SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN) you would select the Project Standards tab and the Keywords subtab. When you press the Project Template button on the bottom of the screen you can maintain your desired keywords and then use the black arrows to move them in or out of the Project Keywords "queue". After saving, you would use the black arrows again to move the newly created keyword into the Project Keywords queue (again). Flag the Documents radio button and Save.

<b>2.) Assign Keywords to Documents Loaded against nodes in the Business Process Structure</b>

In the structure that you created in SOLAR01, highlight the node to which the document is loaded against and choose either the General or Project Documentation Tab on the right hand side of the screen (depending on which tab you loaded the document to).

Highlight the document and click the Attribute button

In the Keywords box select from the drop down one or several Key Words that you maintained in step 1.

Save.

<b>3.) Find documentation with help of key words</b>

From the menu bar select Environment --> Project Analysis --> Assignments --> Documentation.

In the Document Keywords box, select 1 or more Keywords to search on.

Execute.

When your search results appear you can double click on the Document to be taken to where the document is loaded in the structure.

Hope this helps.

Answers (0)