cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Activating content datasources in R/3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently working on BI 7.0 and have got new BI system installed.On trying to activate datasources(in r/3), tcode RSA5, i was getting an error that

<b> "no application component hirerchy exist".</b>

I got to know from SDN that u need to first replicate the datsources from RSA1 -> modeling -> source system -> context menu -> replicate datasources and then in r/3 run tcode rsa9 to replicate component hirerchy.

But now when i try replicating data sources for R/3 it gives me dump and error analysis says that

<b>when prog. was running it was established thatmore memory was needed than OS was able to provide</b>

Please help on way forward.

Hope i have made my problem clear.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.. in r/3 goto transaction SBIW, under business content data sources, execute transfer applicaiton component hierarchy and proceed with RSA5

Former Member
0 Kudos

well i have already tried executing the step in SBIW to tansfer application component hierechy, but it gives me follow. messeges.

<b>Package Z_TRAIN does not exist</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

As suggested earlier:

1) please transfer the component hier via t-code RSA9.

2) While doing so, it will ask for Package and later Transfer Request.

3) The package which you are referring to (Z_TRAIN) might not be available in your system. Check the packge in t-code SE80

4) If not available, the use the exisiting package for your project or create new package

5) Give package name and the create new transport request dn hit ENTER

6) Application comp hier will be transferred.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Pankaj

*******Assign pts if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Check whether 'Z_Train ' package is visible or existed thru SE80-- > package-- > Z_TRAIN

or create it and assign

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

I think Z_TRAIN is a custom development package: probably someone else already transported the application component hierarchy and he assigned this package...try to change this link for object R3TR APCO...

For Digging deeper check in Table TADIR Objects assigned to package Z_TRAIN

Thanks

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the table TADIR in r/3 and it has got the entry for package Z_TRAIN with Prog ID as R3TR. what else can be the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change the package to R3TR APCO and then try.

Thanks

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.I created a package with new request and tries again transferring the app comp hier. and it worked. But i am still confused with the fact that i checked in TADIR table for Package Z_TRAIN and it was there.Any clues on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

As i mentioned earlier, someone else earlier might have created and mapp under this package and probably tramsported it.

May be this is the reason.

Thanks

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit:

Z_TRAIN package does not exist? have you solved this problem? I am getting the same problem on my new BI7, and I need yr help in this context.

Pl reply to me at : rahmans.e@gmail.com

Thx

syed

rahmans.e@gmail.com

well i have already tried executing the step in SBIW to tansfer application component hierechy, but it gives me follow. messeges.

Package Z_TRAIN does not exist

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After transferring the app component hierarchy, I am again facing same dump.

<b>Short text

The system is configured incorrectly.

What happened?

The current program had to be terminated because of an

error when installing the R/3 System.

The program had already requested 796279424 bytes from the operating

system with 'malloc' when the operating system reported after a

further memory request that there was no more memory space

available.

Error analysis

When the program was running, it was established that more

memory was needed than the operating system is able safely

to provide. To avoid a system crash, you must prevent this

situation from occurring.</b>

On replicating the datsources from RSA1>Modeling>sorce system> context menu>replicate datasource>Dump.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest please get a help of your BASIS consultant to rectify this as it is related to memory issue on OS level so you need to very sure beofre carrying out anything on OS level.

Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sounds basis activity , talk to basis person to look into this

Thanks