cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Master of Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

I have a querry with regards to KE30 & CK13N. I am having discrepancies between both reports as per labour, overhead. This is due to the fact that material cost for the product in KE30 includes a part (242/20793). 242/20793 is a made inhouse part which is classed as a stocked item, which then rightly is picking up labour & overheads for 242/20793 into the final product's material costs unlike CK13N which gives material costing structure in detail for the product showing 242/20793 as a component and displaying the labour and overhead for that material.

I am assuming I would need to change the master of the material? if this is the case how do I go about executing it? If it is not the case can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Jimmy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In CK13N look via the menu bar, a view named Cost component. This has nothing to do with any settings in the material master.

You are viewing, itemization view, where the every single cost elements involved in association with the components and every activity involved in the routing, and those with the overhead is shown separately.

The cost component layout groups various cost elements and shows them as Material, labor, overhead, freight, etc. as defined by your company.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for having a look at my question. I agree with your reply however I am trying to amend the details so that the report in KE30 would match that of the CK13N in terms of material, labour, overheads etc because at the moment the KE30 report is classing one of the materials used for the product as stock hence taking the labour & overheads for that particular material into the the total material cost for the product.

Thanks

Jimmy

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the attributes of the cost component in OKTZ pertaining to that cost component structure that is used in the KE30 report. See if the checkbox Rollup Cost Component is enabled. (If it is enabled, you see the cost components of the lower level material rolled up to the appropriate components all through the high level, if not enabled, you see them as materials)

(In KE4R you assign the cost component layout to value fields)

I guess perhaps the cost components structures used in CK13N and KE30 are different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have been a life saver so far! I hope you do not mind if I push my luck a bit further on this subject? I have gone into the OKTZ and realised there is not a tick for "primary cost component split". In the cost component structures creeated it does have the "roll up cost component ticked". By ticking the prim cost componenet split should this sort it out?

By the way there is only one cost component structure.

Are you in the UK? Can I call you to go through this issue much easily? Junior CO consultant finding his feet!

Thanks

Jimmy

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was referring to the details within the cost component structure.

It will be divided into

10 Material

20 labour

30 overhead etc

Choose one of them and click into their attributes.

See the check box with the words 'Roll up Cost component'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah clicked on all of the structure associated with the cost component structure i.e. Material, Direct labour etc and they all have the "roll up cost component clicked". Could the problem be emanating from the set up of the material master for that particular material?

Went into detailed report for material and can clearly see that particular material cost classed in the product cost as material.

Message was edited by:

jimmy jones

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Asked MM/SD to write the stock off to another material, make the change to the material master to rectify it being classed as stock and then write the stock back on again.

Once it was no longer classed as stock; to account for materials which would have been classed as stock we had to write BW report and brought in those particular materials.

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update!