Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material BOM in PS

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear PS gurus,

Can any one tell me what is use of Material BOM in PS?

how i can create Material bom for Ps projects.

currently i am using standard bom created in thru Std Network Template and using for projects, as our capital investment projects are repetitive in nature, hence the standard bom has been defined.

Now we would like to create material bom & use the same in std network template. is it possible ?

pl guide/help

thanks in advance

srihari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material BOM are used where specification of each equipment / product are n't same. For manufacturing an equipment, material BOM is required which is valid for that particular project / product. Please refer following to know more details about material BOM http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/a0/1016bd4c8311d189520000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

In Engineer-To-Order scenario, most of the cases material BOM are used. Material BOM will be created in transaction CS11.

Based on your business requirement, material BOM can be used.

Hope this will clarify you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Material BOM can be used in PS through BOM transfer for the following pupose

1. Assembly processing

2. Managing material requirement in project

The material BOM can be used in standard network by assigning the reference points to activities and the BOM items for later BOM transfer in Operative structure.

Regards

Amal

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Amal,

this is interesting, cud u please elaborate step by step more

how i can activate or use the Material BOM for

Managing Material Requirement in Project.

this is more & more relevant & need for our business process.

pl help

thanx in advance

regards

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shrihari

Create a Material BOM using Tcode:CS01; where in maintain the reference point (ex: 1000) in the basic data view and use the same reference point in the network activity assignment tab.

Use Tcode: CN33 for transferring the BOM components to the each individual network activity.

Check the components in the network

Regards

Murali