cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allowing user to modify default value - is this possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

A report needs to be produced with the default value of an input variable (0FISCPER) set to the current fiscal period - this is used to calculate the YTD and Full Year Forecast of the present year. The default is required to allow the user the view the present day information without having to enter the current date manually - i.e. <b>no pop up variables screen</b>.

The complication occurs when it is required for the user to be able to modify the input variable to view historical data. Is it possible for the end user to adapt the current default (i.e. the current month) to a month of his/her choice?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ther should not be problem in changing default value.

eault value can be changes. Select allow user input in variable properties.

Regards

SSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all - I've been experimenting a bit over the past few days with this. This is my situation so far:

The Year-to-Date and Forecast variables take in 0F_FPER as its input - 0F_FPER is a user entry variable.

There is a user exit variable which exists in the system which returns the current fiscal period called 0FPER. I need this variable to be the YTD and Forecast default inputs <i>without the variables entry screen popping up</i>.

Once the user is in the report, it is required to be possible for them to enter a date (it may be in the previous year) to allow them to view historical data.

<u>What I am thinking about doing is creating new YTD and Forecast variables that will take 0FPER in as an input.</u>

However, 0FPER is hardcoded to return the current fiscal year. <b>Is it therefore possible to allow the user to input another value into 0FPER? Would this not conflict with the coding?</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update - issue resolved

Edited by: Tasneem Kabir on Jul 17, 2010 6:54 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tasneem,

What we do here is to have two reports, one with the Customer Exits to derive the time parameters you want and another report with variables that the user can enter when they run the report.

Regards

Gill