cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNCHRONOUS CALL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario, where XI sends data from SAP to a 3rd party. The 3rd party's software has an existing program, which they insist on using (they are not interested in changing the software), where as soon as XI passes the data to it, their software will return a successful/unsuccessful message back to XI.

I would like to make the process asynchronous, but if I do, their program will probably fall over, because their message cannot be passed back to XI. I am being forced to use a synchronous call. My question is, if I use a synchronous call, can I set something in XI to accept the message back from the 3rd party, but to just ignore it? I do not want to take the message all the way back to SAP, because I will do nothing with it. Can I accept the return message and ignore it, or do I have to send it all the way back to SAP?

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

What are the adapters you plan to use to connect XI with SAP and XI with 3rd party? I am not sure how you get the response in XI from 3rd party system, using SOAP or HTTP adapter probably.

Any way, if the response comes back into XI then it will be routed to the sender system automatically (if you have designed the interface as synchronous). The best option here would be to ignore the response in SAP or make the call asynch.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

We will probably use SOAP, but anyway, you have answered my question. Understanding your answer, it looks like I cannot use synchronous without having to take the response all the way back to the sender system. I cannot use asynchronous, because then the receiver system that needs to respond back to XI will probably have an error.