cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA Costing Based Datasource - KEB0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am re-creating the COPA Costing Based datasource because the existing one lacks some field which I needed in the BW extraction. The existing datasource exclude quite a number of fields in its structure; I am planning to include all the fields presented in KEB0 except for “Calculated key figures from the key figure schema” category. In this case, “missing fields” scenario will be avoided in the future.

I would like to ask the following:

1. Is my idea of selecting all fields ok?

2. Since I am going to delete the existing datasource and assign the same datasource name to the newly created, what will be the effect on the BW Transfer Rules?

Thank in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheila,

No effect in BW side as the Datsource name and fields structure is same,

Make sure you replicate the Datasource in BW and activate Transfer Rules/Infosource once again.

Before proceeding for Data Loads.

Thanks

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

CK,

Correct me if I’m wrong since the fields in the new datasource are greater compare to the old (existing) one, the performance of data extraction would be affected?

And that will be the only consequences if I select all the fields for my extractor?

Thanks a lot!

Points given.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I thought the fields are not changing, you are just renaming the Datasource.

If they are you have to map tose new fields in BW to relevant objects.

Otherwise you will not get data for those new Fields in BW.

Performance will surely be affected, i wont suggest you to select all the fields which are avaiable, please see your reporting requirements in BW and select the fields accordingly. May be to know the about the relevant fields for Reporting in R/3 you can check with CO Functional Guys.

Thanks

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see, thanks CK for your prompt reply. I will consider this.

Answers (0)