LIS Extractors - Stop V3-update, empty delta, make new initialization - OK?
Regarding a new delta initialization on a LIS extractor.
I know that best practise is to lock user out of the system, while a new delta initialization on a LIS extrator is made. But can a new delta initialization not also be done just be stopping the V3-update (there is addition in the updaterule from 2LIS_XX to 1st Level ODS)? Say you want to reload specific documents:
1. Stop V3-update
2. Make delta load twice to empty delta queue from 2LIS_XX to 1st Level ODS and from 1st Level ODS to InfoCube.
3. Make selective deletion in 1st level ODS and InfoCube (delete the specific documents)
4. Fill setup table with specific documents
5. Make new delta initialization from 2LIS_XX
5.1 Make a new delta initialization from 1st Level ODS to InfoCube
6. Make full repair load to load the specific documents
7. Reschedule V3-update
8. Make delta load from 1st level ODS to InfoCube
9. Make delta load from 2LIS_XX to 1st Level ODS
10. Make delta load from 1st Level ODS to InfoCube
If it is not okay just to stop the V3-update, please explain why.
I'm as well a little unsure whether step 5 and 5.1 is needed or not - please note that there is addition in the updaterule from 2LIS_XX to ODS and of course from ODS to InfoCube.