Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I've face with the following problems, about IDocs. The inbound IDoc is going to have an error, when it is arriving from the other system, at the first time. The IDoc is creating a PM notofication with transaction IW21, and is based on a CALL TRANSACTION statement.

The error is the following

"Control Framework: critical error, GUI is not present!

Üzenetszám: DC 006

Diagnosis

When the Control Framework is started, the system checks whether the installed GUI supports frontend components such as controls. This check failed; the causes may be as follows:

1.) The program is running in the background

2.) A transaction was called using CALL TRANSACTION ... STARTING IN BACKGROUND TASK.

Procedure

Programs that run in the background cannot address controls on the frontend. In this case, the application must either include a fallback that does not depend on the user interface, or the program or transaction must detect for itself that is running in the background and terminate itself."

Next error:

"Exception condition "CNTL_ERROR" raised.

Üzenetszám: SY 002"

After processing the IDoc with BD87 transaction, it is correct and creates the notification without any problem. I've tried it in online, in background, all modes are fine (using the CALL TRANSACTION's MODE parameter).

I would like to avoid to run BD87 for this type every morning, so any help is welcome.

Thank you in advance

Tamá

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was an Object(OO ALV) on the notification, which was able to display on in foreground. In background I had to exclude it.