Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to restrict access to views for some users in the app?

Hi SDN!

I have an WD application wich embedded in the portal. Appication has 2 iViews (and 2 pages respectively). These iViews consist several views connected with each other (e.g. one view provide list data, second view is add/edit form for this data). I need to restrict access for some users for view with add/edit form. I can't make separate page for this view.

What I've done:

1) create yet another UIContainer for this view in main window and embed view to this container. It was be done for create separate iView for form.

2) in the portal I create iView for this form but don't embedd in any page.

When I try to call my form from list data (that is one iView from another) I get exception:

<b>com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: duplicate usage of view .MyCarRentalAddCity</b>

Is there a way to get needed functional?

Thanks,

Lev

Former Member
Former Member replied

I'm not having a Portal, so I have created the UME Role in the UME Manager of the WebAS. http://localhost:50000/useradmin/roleAdmin

But I think this should use the same as in the portal.

Have you searched for the operation:

"com.sap.tut.wd.carrental.util.WDCarrentalPermission"

It will not be listed with the businessservice name.

What I also have differend, but I think doesn't matter, that I have created an own DC for my actions.xml.

And it could be that you have to use the name "actions.xml" not application.xml.

Regards,

Dennis

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question