cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable User Exit Issue in 04s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a normal single value variable on 0calday call "ZVSDAY". I created another user exit variable that takes the month from the variable "ZVSDAY" to populate a 0FISPER variable "ZVUFISP". The issue that I'm having is the following:

1. When I first launch the query I populate ZVSDAY with a date like 05/05/2007 in the variable prompt.

2. The posting period variable "ZVUFISP" is filled with the correct period 005.

3. Then I click on a button the bring up the variable dialogue and select a different day like 07/03/2007 for ZVSDAY.

4. The ISSUE is that the variable "ZVUFISP" on Posting Period does not get updated it still contains 005. It should have 007

This same issue rises when I create a web template and have ZVSDAY as a dropdown box. Everytime I change the dropdown box with ZVSDAY the posting period user exit doesnt get update. It only gets updated on the first time the dialogue comes up when you execute the web template.

Has anyone run into the same issue? If so have you been able to create a workaround?

Thanks,

Jon

Message was edited by:

J Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to define in your customer exit that it must be calculated after the variable screen pops up (step 2)

Ciao

Joke

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

First come out from BEx and re-execute the same query with input 07/03/2007. Check whether u r getting the same 005 or 007. If it is 007, it means everytime u have to come out from BEx and re-execute the query..probably solutione is update the GUI patch level. If it is 005 then something wrong with your code.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

My variable user exit works on the first execution of the query or web template. The code in cmod is executed after i-step 2. I have created several user exits in 3.5 and never encountered this issue. As I said it works correctly the first time it is executed; however, everytime I click on a button which runs a command to open up the dialogue box only the variable on Cal Day is changed. The user exit variable does not change on posting period. The same result happens when I have a drop down box for the variable on calday. A new calday is selected however the posting period always stays the same. I don't understand why only on the first execution of the web template this happens.

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was the support pack. In order for User Exit varibles to refresh using a drop down box or pulling up the variable screen with a command you must be on support pack 13.