Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chaning the text of the field name in CAT2 transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to change the text of the standard field in the modifiable fields list under the worklist screen group. Is there any way to do this. If there is please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Asha

10 REPLIES 10

former_member533584
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check Enhancement CATS0001 .

For that u need to check 'Customer Enhancement' in worklist of data entry profile.(CAC1 transaction)

Thanks,

Naani

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yep Naani have you also got an example on how to do this ??

I can't find how I can change the name of the (user) fieldnames of the worklist with this user exit. I can see the correct name I give to the userfield in se16n on catsdb but on the worklist it remains blanc. I guess Asha has the same problem as I do but I never got an answer to my question

kind regards

arthur

0 Kudos

up . I still haven't got a clue on how to resolve this

0 Kudos

Just to clarify what I think is being asked here - you have added a customer include CI_CATSDB into CATSDB, and so you can see these new fields in SE16 and SE16N... but the column headings are coming up blank in the CATS worklist, yes?

That CI_CATSDB structure is also included in the CATSW structure used by the CATS0001 exit but that's not going to set the column headings in the table control. Looking at the code in the CATS function group and working backwards from there, have you made settings in table TCAFI (Additional Customer Fields in CATS) defining the additional CI_CATSDB entries and sequence there? - it looks like those drive the reptext, datatype etc in the function group code { sorry, none of the sites I'm at currently uses CATS so I can't debug it directly }.

Jonathan

0 Kudos

thanks for the input, and yes my extra field is in the TCAFI table

I also looked in SE51 at programm SAPLCATS screen 2100

there is a function module modify headings

in include LCATSF1R D2100_MODIFY_HEADINGS

but I was not able to find where the reptext is build up here

kind regards

arthur

0 Kudos

Yes, it was that very same D2100_MODIFY_HEADINGS form I was reading earler when I headed off into that table... I'll take another look at the code when I have a system in front of me... there was an internal table in that CATS function group that contained TCAFI as an include which I had spotted as a likely source for the column headings.

cheers

Jonathan

0 Kudos

no in TCAFI only the customer fieldnames reside, not much more in that table I'm afraid

in the customer include for cats I also created an element for FIELD3 where all possible options are filled with appropiate descriptions

greetings

arthur

Message was edited by:

A. de Smidt

0 Kudos

I have looked at the code again, and here's how I think it should work (but I can't run it to proof this):

In subroutine "get_ddic_information" (include LCATSF3Z), there is logic that starts:

* read ddic for CI_CATSDB
  IF add_fields EQ yx.

... this reads in TCAFI and then gets the DDIC info for each field there. Within this "if" is some code:

* bring text on dynp
          uaddfield = ncats_addfi_text.

that will set the value of "CATS_ADDFI_TEXTx" where "x" is the column number. These "DATA: cats_addfi_text1 LIKE cats_addfi-field1." through to "DATA: cats_addfi_text10 LIKE cats_addfi-field10." are defined in the top include, LCATSTOP and they show in screen 2100 as the column headers in the table control for the worklist columns CATS_ADDFI-FIELD1_W -_ CATS_ADDFI-FIELD10_W, so putting values in them should fill your custom column headers.

So if you set a soft breakpoint in that "get_ddic_information" form, you should be able to see these column headers getting set for each of your CATSDB custom fields... and if they are not getting set, work out why! You could also use debug to pop a value into, say, CATS_ADDFI_TEXT1, and check it appears in the table control column header.

Jonathan

0 Kudos

ah that helped, the problem was that I had also added the CATFI table with the normal field names since that was also done in the past for some reason

so I had

FIELD1_W

FIELD2_W

FIELD1

FIELD2

I added

FIELD3_W

FIELD3

accordingly

only it loops through it on the index so it looked at the reptext of field1 for userfield3

so now I have to change the elements of the first 2 userfields if possible to add a reptext for those

and if the point are back on I will assign them ofcourse and resolve this question as answered

kind regards

arthur

0 Kudos

Hi, did this problem get solved?

Thanks, Matt