cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEM BCS, first install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed SEM-BCS 6 on our DEV server. After installation, tried customising in the workbench but the process and techinal view only shows Data basis and Consolidation Area nodes. I do not see any hierarchy for Data model, master data, consolidation functions etc. but just the two nodes.

We had done a pilot install, where we had installed the delivery example which worked fine and the process view and technical view both had the necessary nodes.

My question is that, do we need to load the delivery example to see the complete views or is there any other way to activate/generate these views?

Thanks

Neeraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't need to install the delivered example.

The question was raised just recently. See it here:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Eugene. I had tried doing that; however the consolidation area definition requires some mandatory characteristics like cons COA, version etc; I guess there are separate transaction codes to maintian those?

thanks

neeraj

Message was edited by:

Neeraj Kukreti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried to enter something for those characteristic? for example, fill version with "100" and then save it. As far as i know, the system will automatically create the "100".

Hope it can helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

neeraj,

CoA - place any code. If it doesn't exist, the system will propose to create a value.

No special transactions needed.

Version 100 is not created automatically. Don't set any versions neither in data basis nor in cons area.

When you generate the data basis and a cons area and enter the system again, it starts to offer you a screen with permanent parameters. Set there version 100. After that in workbench create this version 100.

Next time when you enter the system, in the frame with parameters you'll be able to save them. Only after that the menu will appear.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to reset the rating

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is it mean with "reset the rating"?

i am confused

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Hope this can help you :

1 . in data basis, tab "Field Catalog", fill "infocube for totals records"

2. tab "data stream" , tick "Document", "Inventory Data", "Supplier Data" ,etc(depends on your requirement). Afterwards, click "Generate Button". Then save it.

This step will generate the view (such as master data, consolidation function ,etc).

You will asking to enter permanent parameters. Please make sure that you have already maintain the fiscal year variant before you do those steps.

You can copy the "infocube for totals records" from the bussiness content (in t-code RSA1).