cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i create a pie chart widget ????????????

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

how do i create a pie chart widget which is dynamically updated every few hours or a few days ???? also i wanted to know what software to use to create the chart layers ????

thanks ......

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Santosh,

This is possible, however, it does require 3rd party plugins, as the Yahoo Widget Engine doesn't support this natively. Therefore, I have not included this in my latest version of the widget as I don't want to create a dependency on a 3rd party product. If you want, here is an old version of the widget that uses this 3rd party plugin that I prototyped. I would probably be hesitant to roll this out though as it is quite old and hasn't had the latest fixes. You can take some of the work from here and combine it with the latest version.

Here is the code:

https://sapmats-us.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=PJ8FW8WOQOWJZ8GQZ4QRNBCRLKDTY37726QN1C914X9B8E...

A demo of this pie chart functionality is in this demo:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/ba95531a-0e01-0010-5e9b-891fc... [original link is broken]

I am lobbying Yahoo to update the widget engine to include support for html components and if they do, then I will add chart capabilities natively to the BI data widget.

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Thank you so much for the reply .Will try to use the old version.Will also check with the links

Regards

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you're using Widget Engine 4.0, you could try (if you are willing to go to that length of course) to create your own pie charts using the

arc()

and

fill()

functions in a

Canvas

object.

It might sound an awful lot of work at first, but once you get the basic functions built to draw out the arcs, based on percentage values, it should be much easier later on..

... Just a suggestion...

- Adi Naik

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a slippery slope as the dataset is dynamic based on a query and the structure of a query can be very different based on different queries. Plus, BI and Visual Composer both have charting that address this, so a better approach is to embed one of these chart elements within the widget, but Yahoo doesn't allow you to embed HTML objects within the Widget without this plugin I used.

If I address one chart scenario and chart type, I may meet a few requirements, but there will be requests for more chart types, and there is no way to create all chart types using the API that exists. A lot of the development for the latest versions of the widget are being done by customers and they are sending me back their code which I'm consolidating, so if you want to take a shot at this, I'll add your chart functionality to the widget.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree... this approach would only work with chart type and that too pretty limited.. I will try to give it a shot.. I guess there is nothing to lose anyways !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great. If you get something working here, feel free to send me the source code and I'll add it to the widget.