cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in opening balance

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have imported opening balance for customer.I have used Suspence account as offset account for opening balance.But some account heads are considered by default.

For eg,

AVANTI PROTECTIVE SERVICE Db-1200

Suspense Account Cr-0

Miscellaneous Expenses Cr-1200

Here Cr is credit and Db is debit.Miscellaneuos account is not considered in opening balance.Still it is shown in the journal entry.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dilip,

To the best of my knowledge, no way should the G/L Account mentioned in DocumentLines template get changed when posted.

The Rounding Account does not come into picture at all in an A/R transaction.

Please remember not to give any amounts in the Document template, the amounts gets automatically rolled up from the DocumentLines.

Thanks

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suda,

I solved the problem.I kept DocTotal from document blank and entered value in LineTotal from Document_Lines.Thanks for investing your valuable time in solving my problem.

<b>Only u could solve problem.Other guys could not even understand the problem.Solving the problem was far away.I am feeling pityyyyyyyyyyyyyy for him.</b>

Regards,

Dilip Kumbhar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dilip,

I am very glad it all worked well.

My best wishes to you on your Project and Data Conversion

Suda

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dilip,

If you don't mind send me the template and I will take a look and post back here.

sudasampath.sapb1@gmail.com

Thanks

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suda,

I can not send templates.The above problem is caused by Rounding Account in G/L Account Determination.I have set Miscellaneous Account as Rounding Account.If I change it to any other account the balance is set to that account.If I remove Rounding Account I got error as,

No matching records found (ODBC-2028)Application-defined or object-defined error65171.

Regards,

Dilip Kumbhar

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you have described clear information about your problem. It seems that your guide (368) can't resolve your problem cos he asked you to send the template.

Do not you know how to use SDK help files ? No matching records means that the data that is needed by system is not available in the template when importing it. The account can also be is not availabe in your COA, many causes of the error but trial and error works could resolve your problem and you will satisfy and become clever...

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

I think make comments on points and addressing forum participants like this reflects the way you think for individuals.

I would suggest you to concentrate more on the problems rather than points.

Because solutions to fellow problems count at the end of the day instead of point.

Dont you agree??

Dilip I think setting up the rounding a/c gl set would be a probable solution.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am presuming that you are importing all the Invoice as Service Invoices. You will need to Complete the OInvoices template

RecordKey CardCode DocDate DocDueDate DocNum DocType

1 C1234 20070901 20070915 123455 dDocument_Service

HandWritten NumAtCard SalesPersonCode

tYES CUST PO # 8

NOTE: If you going to import the document with their Original numbers then you have to specify HandWritten as tYES. If you miss this SAP will start with the numbering set for this document in the document numbering. NumatCard is Cust PO number and SalesPersonCode is optional, I have shown it for your info. You have to specify the internal number from the OSLP table (SLPCODE for the Sales Person)

DocumentLines template

RecordKey AccountCode LineTotal TaxCode

1 _SYS00000000225 1200 Exempt or 0

NOTE: The _SYSxxxxx number should be obtained from the OACT table. Use you Suspense Account number itself if you are not using Segmented Accounts.

Let me know if you need further assistance

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suda,

I imported the data as per u r instructions but the problem was not solved.

Regards,

Dilip Kumbhar

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

I am very pity that the instruction you followed could not successfully lead you to the edge of the bridge, currently you are still being in the middle of the bridge. let me know what is the error message you have had.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy Michael,

Its pitty to explain it again and again though it is explained very clearly at the top.Suda could easily understand it but u could not.

I have imported opening balances for customer i.e oinvoice.I have used suspense account as offset account.But the opening balance is getting set to Miscellaneuos Expense instead of Suspense Account.For eg,

For eg,

AVANTI PROTECTIVE SERVICE Db-1200

Suspense Account Cr-0

Miscellaneous Expenses Cr-1200

Here Cr is credit and Db is debit.Miscellaneuos account is not considered in opening balance.Still it is shown in the journal entry.

Regards,

Dilip Kumbhar

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you are using journal entry line to import the opening balance, but if you use oInvoice, you must use customer code and offset account in the account code. For expense account, there is a special template for it.

Rgds,

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dilip,

Please give me the following information.

What document template did you use in DTW to import the balances.

Are you importing the BP balance as one number or with open transactions?

I will surely help you on this.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suda,

I am using templates Documents and Document_Lines from oInvoices.I am importing opening balance with open transaction.

Regards,

Dilip Kumbhar

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How pity you are. I think you must use SDK help files to know what object / field you do not know how to enter the data and throw the error message if you unsucceed to import oInvoices.

Rgds,