Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting to Accouts - /559 error

Tarun
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have maintained the symbolic account for /560 i.e. net pay. Do i have to maintain the symbolic account for /559 also if the infotype 0009 record is maintained as bank transfer?

regards

Kunal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Tarun
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As per my requirement, i want all the net payment (means whether it is bank transfer, cash payment) to /560 wage type i.e net pay. but system is automatically creating the /559 wage type and asking me to assign the symbolic account to this wage type also.

plz help.

regards

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u r maintianing for /560 symbolic a/c then i dont think its required for /559 or /557. I think u had created /560 symbolic a/c vt u had mentioned as account determination???

Just check there.

Regards

Pavani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal

Since you said you are maintaining IT 0009, you must be doing Bank transfers for Salary payments. In that case yes you need to maintain /559 posting account else your FI posting will give an error.

Regards

UR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can assign same symbollic account to this wage type also.

You can assign all Basic Pay components to one Symbollic Account :-for Ex:-Wages & Salary

You can assign /3F1, /3F2 PF & VPF contributions to one symbollic Account

You can assign /3F4, /3FC Employer Pension contributions to one symbollic Account

and the same will be assigned to Balance Sheet Accounts & Expense Accounts in the particular Chart of Accounts.

You can take help of FICO consultants

Regards

Prasanth

Tarun
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi pavani,

I din get you properly. Can you explain me little bit more. I have assigned the symbolic account to /560 wage type with the following specifications:

+/- Sign = - (positive amount in credit and negative amount in debit)

proc. Type = Normal Process

symbolic A/c = IG01

Description of symbolic account = Salary - Payable

AA type = FC ( Posting to balance sheet account {new GL})

Ext Type = Blank

I have also assigned this symbolic account to the GL account.

Plz tell me what is missing.

regards

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Kunal what u had done is absolutely right. Then assign the same symbolic account to the /559 WT and try out.

Prasanth,

U cannot tell like that is, assign all earnings to one symbolic account & deductions to another symbolic.

It again depends upon client requirements. May be he is maintaining different GLs for different salary heads. Who Knows??????????

Regards

Pavani

Tarun
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pavani,

First of all, i dont want to transfer the net pay to /559 wage type. As per requirement, i have to take all the net pay to the /560 wage type i.e wheater it is a bank transfer or cash payment.

secondly, i have tried this also, when i assign the same symbolic account to /559 instead of /560 then the error that i get is " No symbolic account is assigned to wage type /560".

Plz help.....i'll be very thankful to you.

regards

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U had mistaken the concept.

Here vt i am trying to tell u is assign the same symbolic to both WTs /559 & /560.

Regards

Pavani

Tarun
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi pavani,

Thanks for the reply. I have done that also. In that case, the error what i am getting is "Posting balance is not cleared ".

regards

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

This error means you had not assigned correctly all ur WTs to symbolic & GLs. Just check all the symbolics + & - signs whether u had mentioned to ur WTs correct or not??

Regards

Pavani

Tarun
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi pavani,

I have taken only one wage type as of now i.e Basic pay. no other wage type....not even PF also.

And below is the config for Basic Salary:

+/- = + (positive in debit and negative in credit)

proce type = Normal proces

Symb. A/c = IG11

Description of symb. A/c = Basic Salary

AA type = C (posting to expense account)

Exp. Type = A001 (Base Salary)

regards

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U could have told me this earlier it self na??????

That u had assigned only one symbolic to WT.

Ok anyways just check all the WTS including technical WTs also where in standard symbolics had been already maintained to Technical WTs Just remove it. & do the run again.

I hope now ur problem vl b solved.

Regards

Pavani

Tarun
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pavani,

i think you havent got me correctly.

I mean to say that.....as of now i am taking only only wage type and that is Basic Salary. I have assigned the symbolic account to this wage type and this symbolic account to the respective GL account.

Also, i have assigned one another symbolic account to the /560 wage type and have attached that symbolic to a payable GL account.

I am doing so because this is the 1st time i am trying to post a document and i want to go one wage type only. If this works properly, then i can go with the other wage types also.

Plz feel free to ask if anything more is required

regards

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I understood ur problem

But what i am trying to say is already SAP has maintained STD symbolics to the WTs. And when u create a WT for which, u need to copy from STD WT by default all the background functions & calculations vl be applicable to this newly copied WT.

So if u assign only to one WT ie Basic Salary and give ur symbolic A/s the other rest WTs by default they had already been assigned to STD symbolic

For Example: If u had created others WTs like DA HRA if u c in Table T52EL U vl see there STD symbolic a/c ie 1100 - Wages & Salaries.

I think u had understood the concept now. So go to each n every WT and remove all the STD symbolics which already been maintained.

Regards

Pavani

Tarun
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

But pavani, as of now i am taking only one wage type i.e Basic Salary. There is no other wage type in infotype 0008 except basic pay. and i hav assigned the symbolic account to this wage type as already mentioned above.

Secondly, even though there are no other wage types in infotype 0008 for this emplyee code but i have already maintained the symbolic account for the other wage types like HRA, DA etc.

reageds

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Dont consider INFOTYPE

LOOK AT THIS TABLE :T52EL</b>

In which all WTs are been assigned to STD symbolics.

Regards

Pavani

Tarun
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi pavani,

done this also..........but same error 😞

regards

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yaar Now i think I have to check in your system then only can tell what needs to be done.

Coz what all the probable solutions were there I told.

Regards

Pavani

Tarun
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot pavani for your time and effort. I am really very thankful to you for your time and efforts.

I have just deleted the /559 wage type fr V_T52EZ and then tried to run and now it is creating the document.

i hope it will not create any furthur problem. :):):):)

regards

kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

All D Best

Close the Thread

Regards

Pavani

Answers (0)