cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO RELEASE STRATEGY WORKFLOW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

can anybody tell me on which document creation, the workflow with RELEASE STEP CREATED event will trigerr and and what is the significance of the terminating events released, reset and significantly changed. and also in customizing for po release there is something called workflow step where we will be specifying the release group release code the object type and agent id .( for example if i give a particular uswer and his id will he recieve a work item automatically into his inbox or will it go by the workflow).

want a clear picture of this

Thanks................

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want a clear picture of this the best place to start is in the Implementation Guide. Read the documentation for the various nodes. That is more clear than most of the answers you will get here and is the method I used to set up release procedures, both for purchase requisitions and purchase orders.

If you have a specific problem after having read the documentation and tried to set it up, ask a new question here. This is not an online training facility for people who can't be bothered to read the documentation.

Please also check the guidelines for information about how to ask a question in a way that increases the chances of receiving a (good) answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kjetil Kilhavn,

I have used the release procedure but i have doubt only at the workflow step defining release strategy why do we have to specify the agents in that step when we specify agents in our task for the release method. my question is that if we specify the agents in the release procedure will the agent will recieve a work item in heir inbox automatically... and moreover the relase step created has event parameter release code in it how will the release code be passed.

sorry i will try to improve myself in asking questions.

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The agents you specify in the release strategy (for the release codes) are the selected agents. The agents you specify in the task are the possible agents. Understanding the difference between the two groups of agents is central to understand agents in SAP Business Workflow.

You don't <u>have to</u> specify agents in the strategies. You can use the option of implementing the user exit instead (or in addition). Then you can use document-specific data to find the agents, so not everyone receives every document for approval.

The standard SAP code that creates the event will also pass the release code as a parameter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my scenario the po is subjected to three release in that case how should i build my workflow that is each person will release the po with teir own code so i need to call the single release method three times and also tell me will the corresponding relase code will be fetched accordingly for the three release .

The first person release code is b1 so in my workflow first step i will create an activity in that i will give the single release method and in the responsible agent i will give the user who is responsible for the release of that particular document.

Likewise i will create two activities and specify the responsible agents accordingly.

when the user when he executes the workitem the corresponding release code will be passed in to that document and effect the release.

please tell me whether i am correct with my procedure or any changes has to be done.

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to build your own workflow (unless you have other requirements that demand it). All you have to do is define the release procedure/strategy correctly. Depending on whether you want the release work items to be created sequentially or in parallell you set up prerequisites for the release codes in your release strategy. Again, all this is well described in the documentation for the respective nodes in the Implementation Guide.

I am not sure if I quite understand your solution (your questions/description), as I said you don't really need to create your own workflow. I would recommend setting it up with the standard workflow first and get that process working before you start working with your own workflow. That way you can solve one problem at a time - which is usually much easier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

RELEASESTEPCREATED is triggered when a PO is created also a Release Strategy needs to be defined in the system. In short Release strategy allows multi-level approval process. More details can be obtained from your BA/functional person.