Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index ERD of table VBAK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create an inedex for table VBAK that has the date of creation (ERDAT) in it. I just saw that there is already an index ERD that exactly has that field. But the index is marked as "no database index".

Does anyone know if I am allowed to change this index so that it is a database index?

I know how to do this and I know the benefits but my only question is if I am allowed to do this. I don't want my changes to be undone with a future support package or so. Currently I am asking myself why this index is marked as "no database index" as ERDAT has many distinct keys and this should boost performance in any case...

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

<u><b>no database index</b></u> applies that the index gets deleted when the any data base table is activated . Ya u can proceed with the application this will improve the performance ... Just change the option to <u><b>For selected database systems</b></u> and give ur database name in the options ...

Reward points if found useful...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally I found out that I cannot create another index that has the same fields like index ERD. Therefore I had to change that index