Migration with eCATT
we plan to use eCATT as migration tool for some 1000 records (external source, MaxDB) to our CRM system.
From what we experienced, there are the following steps to perform this task:
- Create test script with transaction SECATT (we prefer to use UI Control rather than TCD)
- Start recording with transaction (e.g. CRMD_BUS2000220)
- After recording, allocate PARAMETERS to the XML script (open the command interface and search for GUIElements tag); use parameter type I = Import
- Create Test Data (Edit / Import Parameters from script)
- Edit / Variants / Download
- Save as tab-seperated txt file (this file will be the template for your external data!)
- Create Test Configuration (New)
- Edit / Variants / Upload (txt) NB: Variants means DATA RECORD!
- Execute XML script (F8) in synchronous mode!
- Analyze log file.
1. Can a script be transported to any other machine just by export/import function?
(we found that at least the client would have to be changed)
2. Are there any other hints?