cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying a Business Connector System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm in the process of migrating our business connector system to another server. The server will be built on the original OS and Business Connector release.

Is there a way which I can just copy over the business connector settings to the new server or do I require a re-installation. How can I copy across the configuration?

I appreciate your suggestions!

Thanks for your assistance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do a basic installation and then just copy the folder sapbc47 or whatever.

All the configuration will be included as it is under this folder.

So here are the steps:

1.make the installation

2.using file explorer rename the installed server folder lets say sapbc47

3.Copy the contents of the previous installation at the installed folder sapbc47.

All the configuration will be included.

you can start the server from windows command under sapbc47/server/bin/server.bat -log none -debug 5 or by windows services if you have installed it as a service..

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is for bc server. I will need to reinstall the business connector, however, I'm curious to find out the best way to "re-install" the configuration or is there a transport mechanism from the development machine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the following SAP Note: 629647

Regards,

Subhasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u r talking about BC server, then a reinstallation will be required. If u r talking about the BC developer, then the configuration done at the developer can be migrated through export and import of packages. The standard way to import these packages is to export it in zip format.

Regards,

Shabari