cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing images from excel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working SRM MDM Catalog 2.0 and we need to publish the Catalog. Now the problem is we have to import the data from excel sheet and in the picture column only the name of the image file is stored.

That is suppose for a specific record in the picture column it may have only the imagename.jpg

I need to know that how do I import the images from excel sheet coz i guess Image Manager is also not available for SRM MDM Catalog.

Tell me if I can use MDM 5.5 SP4 Image Manager.

Thanx in advance

Regards Tejas..........

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Before you import image file NAMES from Excel sheet, you need to import image FILES into MDM. You can do that by going into Images table from MDM Data Manager, and adding a record. You'll get a dialogue box allowing you to import image files. It's quite self-explanatory from there.

Never heard of Image Manager in relation to SRM-MDM.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Serguei,

Thanx Serguei for ur quick reply.

My problem is that I need to import all the images along with the record details from import manager.

Like u said adding images form the Data Manager that can be done when the data is smaller in size.

But I dont want to do it manually coz data is 4000 records and cant do it manually.

So please suggest me something so that I can import images while importing and not adding them manually.

Regards Tejas...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tejas,

As Serguei said, there is no way through standard MDM import to import all the images. You must first manually load all the images to the Images Table. Then on the import you can have just the image file name in a column and use that to link the image with the other data when you are importing. So, the loading of images is manual and the linking can be done through the import.

Thanks,

Tim

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Let me clarify. You need to import/upload image <b>files</b> into the Images table via <b>Data Manager</b>. Then you can import image <b>file names</b> (for appropriate records) via <b>Import Manager</b>. Here're the steps you need to go through in detail:

1. In Data Manager, table Images, Add a record.

Data Manager will display a dialogue box "Add Images". Here you can specify multiple image files to upload. Ensure the radio button "Store in Repository" is selected. Optionally, specify a Data group (to help organize your image file records in MDM - e.g., by supplier). Click OK - Data Manager will upload all your image files into MDM.

At this point, your image files reside on the MDM server, but are not associated with product records yet. I.e., you can view them in Images table, but not in Catalog Items table. On to the next step.

2. In Import Manager, connect to your source (e.g. Excel sheet with records), and import as normal. Note: in your source file, specify an image file name (e.g. "image.jpg") in the Image column against each product record for which an image file was uploaded earlier into MDM.

After the import is done, you'll be able to see the images in the Catalog Items table.

Hope this clarifies things.

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Tim n Serguei thnx man for ur quick replies

U both have solved my problem thnx for ur valuable inputs.

Regards Tejas...........

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to assign multiple images to a single catalog item through MDM. Cannot get it working for multiple images. Though I can assign the default image to a catalog item but cannot assign multiple images at once. My excel looks like this

Catalog Item IDNode IdImage
325863-402NodeACMLProdImg.bmp
325863-402NodeAResProdImg.bmp
325863-402NodeAproduct_pic_2.bmp
325863-402NodeA24XXXX_img.bmp

I am matching records based on catalog item id and node id. But in maching record selection I can only see catalog item id as available. Node ID is from a hierarchy table I think.

Any pointers would help much