cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release dates in PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

Can some one give me a detailed explaination on how the release date in calculated in a Purchase Requisition. I know that the Release date depends on the Planned Delivery time, GR processing time, Purchasing department processing time.

I want to know the diffference in the calculation of the Delivery date and the Release date in the Purchase Requisition.

Say for example in a PR for 'X' material

The Planned Delivery time for this material is 15 Days

The GR processing time is 5 Days and

The Purchasing Department Processing time is 5 Days

Now the system proposed the

Request date as 11.10.07

<b>Release Date as 11.10.07</b>

Delivery Date as 02.11.07

For another material 'Y' with

Planned Delivery time - 45 Days

GR processing time is 5 Days and

Purchasing Department Processing time is 5 Days

Now for this material

The system proposed

Request Date as 11.10.07

<b>Release Date as 12.10.07</b>

Delivery Date as 3.12.07

Can some one explain why there is a difference in the Release dates

Points will be rewarded

Thank you

kavitha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically it depends on the date on which the material is required.

(requirement date less GR processing time, planned delivery time, and purchasing department processing time)

Based on that the calculation works .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In this particular case of creating the PR the delivery date is automatically proposed by the system, so i want to know in this case how the release date is calculated.

Now to my understanding if the delivery date is automatically proposed by the system from the materail master then the delivery date and the released date are the same.

IS THIS RIGHT

please confirm this

Thank you

Kavitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you are right.If you don't have info record then system will show the delivery date proposed from material master calculating the following dates planned delivery time+GR processing time.

reward if useful.

regards

venkadesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for your assistance.

The problem has been solved

Thank you

kavitha

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the following thread

BR

Diwakar

reward if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha

pls confirm whether PR is released through indivisual release or overall release

as in indivisual release u can release PR line items indivusualy e.g if pr contains two line items u can release one by one line items and release date is captured after that

<b>Release date is</b> nothing but that on which date line item is released( In case of PR )and calculated as Release date=requirement date -GR processing time- planned delivery time - purchasing department processing time.

Reward if usefull

Vishal....